Sunday, September 2, 2012

Father's Day

It has beeen a very big year so far, and it has taken me awhile to get my head around things. Last October my beloved father was diagnosed with a liver cancer, he had had a bout of bowel cancer 9 years ago and this was related to that. We were gutted, but decided to pull together and take this "One day at a time". Sadly, this was a fight that only had one outome and Dad left us on April 26th - 6 days after his 81st birthday and the day after ANZAC day. Mum tended to him like an angel until things became too big for us all. Mum and I were with him as he peacefully slipped away, and now he is out of pain. Yesterday, was my first Father's Day without him. I took him some flowers, and then had a walk around his beautiful garden and remembered him.

1 comment:

  1. Hugs, Mary-anne. The first is always the worst, but none of them are easy. This was my fourth, but I still had a cry.

    ReplyDelete