Sunday, December 27, 2009

Views from my sewing room window

This is "my" end of the house. That door by the blue pot leads into my sewing room. I have been getting up early and propping in there since school broke up.
And this is what I see when I look out of my sewing room's windows... that's "Dead Dog Gully". We don't have a side fence for part of our very long block, it just drops off into the gully.


It's been a big day in the gully today. Early this morning I saw a kangaroo, then later, while my husband and I were having a coffee we saw a black-tailed wallaby. It was disturbed by a young family who came wandering down to play on the rocks. When they left, the young boy of the family left behind a large brand new shiny toy car which we rescued and put on the edge of the gully in a conspicuous spot. The boy and his Dad came back after lunch, and a very happy young man has just left clutching the car Santa gave him.


And we have also been amusing ourselves today by knocking down mud wasp nests off the side of the house.....one of the disadvantages of living beside the gully is some of the wildlife we attract. So far, no snakes this summer....yet!

2 comments:

  1. What a glorious view. i don't know how much sewing I would get done as I really do enjoy the Australian landscape and could relax sitting there gazing and day dreaming all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary-anne, you are doing a wonderful job with all of your posts so far! I have been blogging since February and it has been a lot of fun. Enjoy yourself! I posted what I see out of my sewing room window on Quiltbuddies.

    ReplyDelete