Saturday, November 26, 2011

"Centenary of federation"

On a roll....why do we leave things unfinished??? This one needed about 2 hours of stitching and now is ready for quilting (which I am going to do myself!)

The Centenary of Federation in Australia was celebrated in 2001. To commemorate this event I joined a fabric swap, you had to use fabric in one of the "Centenary of Federation" colors. I think there were 100 swappers in the swap.

I combined my fabrics with a piece I created at a class with Susan Matthews at the Dookie Quilting Weekend held that year (from memory). Then I added some gum leaves and a tiny bit of machine embroidery.


(sorry, this one of the centre is a bit blurry, you don't need to adjust your glasses)


Once quilted I will hang it in my office at school for a while.

4 comments:

  1. That is a great COF Quilt!!! Love the gum leaves, too - making it even more special. What about Harry stepping down from Speaker this week!?
    I had fun blogging about it all, it was a big day! XXXX
    PS Yours is another blog that I have to comment using a sign-up. Maybe you have something set wrongly? Check who you have ticked for those who can comment, perhaps...I have mine ticked for 'everyone'. Haven't had any weirdies in all the years. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS And I have to do TWO word verifications just to be able to comment here, too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe I have some fabric in that quilt. I also have the fabric squares unmade!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ozjane,
    yes you do and your siggi has been included in the massive label on the back - photo will come

    ReplyDelete