Sunday, November 20, 2011

Yikes....

There I was, having a little sit down and a bit of a stitch when I heard a weird noise beside me.....

it was kind of a thump and then a scratch.....

I looked under the chair, behind the curtain and then through the window .....

I saw scales......

My heart stopped and then I realised....

It was our resident blue tongue lizard, it looked like he was trying to get inside through the window.

He is huge, about 18" long.....






The old wives say that while you have a blue tongue lizard around you won't have snakes. I hope they are right.

(Having a cup of tea to calm down.)

3 comments:

  1. My heart slowed down when I started to read your entry...
    Two weeks ago I sprinkled a WHOLE packet of naphthalene all around the house in a ring (like St Patrick and Irish dirt...). Is meant to dissuade snakes, I can still smell it so I hope it is doing it's job. So many snake inroads at this place too.
    Why aren't you at school? My friend Kira keeps telling me she is off to school with you next year! She is pretty pleased to be so grown up. I wont tell her what happens when she grows up as big as us...
    Love, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I don't think I have ever gotten over finding one in the chook's nest when I went to collect the eggs as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am terrified of blue tongues, my brother told me as a little girl, they could eat me. But when it comes to snakes, I hope you are right, they aren't on my favourite list either.

    ReplyDelete