Our second son has been accepted into the police force, we are thrilled and very proud of him as it is something he has wanted to do for a long time, but needed to grow up a bit first. He heads off on Sunday, and has taken holidays this week to get ready. Boys need their Mums, sometimes... even when they are 6'2'' and built like a truck..... today he wanted me to come with him while "he" shopped (meaning he chose things and I paid!)
Not what I really felt like in this 44C heat, but the bright side was that there was no trouble getting a car park. No one else was silly enough to be out in the heat.
So, we have bulk cotton balls (for polishing boots), coat hangers, lots of stationary, clothes brush, deodorant, Glen 20 (for smells), Panadol, bathers, towels, sheets, pillow, lots of band-aids, plain white T-shirts, etc etc etc
I have always found that I get more out of my sons if I talk to them while we are driving so I asked, "What are you most looking forward to?" His answer? "Driving the Hummer through the obstacle course!" I am sure he realises that there's a bit more to policing than that!!!

Wow Mary-Ann,
ReplyDeleteSo much easier to send a daughter off to Police Academy. All I had to do was cook the "Last Supper" for her, the night before to went!
8 months later I had a 5' tall, trim, taught and very tough Policeman in the family and one very proud Mum - she came out Dux of her course!
Hugz
Sally
I hope my boy does as well. His shopping list is 2 pages long! so far it has cost over $600!
ReplyDeleteYikes @ shopping list! Lucky its all tax deductible I guess!!! and I wondered who would be silly enough to go shopping today and you have helped me sort out that pondering! silly moo!!! today was a day inside with the sewing machine (unless you had to bloody go to work like I did)
ReplyDeleteLissa
Hmmm - whose tax deduction, I wonder????? We only have a few things to go - and I am still wondering how the $60 mouthguard fell into the trolley,(though I figure his teeth are worth more than $60 after the years of orthodontics he had) as well as the new Nike sports bag. Some things haven't changed.
ReplyDeleteI don't envy you the shopping in this heat but I would be very proud of him for being accepted into the force. I'm sure he'll do well and some things never change do they when it comes to paying. LOL If I took my kids shopping lately and asked if they wanted an item, they asked who was paying before they committed.
ReplyDeleteHugs Jan Mac
I guess this is the natural ebb and flow of life after the day in the spa with the G & T's...nothing that good lasts forever...or so they sing.
ReplyDeleteI was too lazy to get myself the G & T's but life was very comfortable under the fan in a double air conditioned house.....this is a spot where you can actually get too cold. Ideal for playing mahjong......you mean I am meant to have worked....Oh.....
Congratulations of getting a son to that stage in life.
LOl..at least mine had a wife to do all that!! For no 2 son he has a fiance who I am sure will do it when the time comes.
ReplyDelete