AAARGHHHH!!!! still going on my African quilt - but found a mistake, so being a bit obsessive I am in the middle of fixing it. Meanwhile, enjoy this website - My African quilt was started in a class with Sharyn Hall and her website is full of visual delights.
http://www.sharynhalldesigns.com/index.php?id=1Am enjoying a day "Home alone", my husband enjoys camping with his friends so has gone on a reconnaissance mission to find some new spots. I don't go, as there aren't enough stars at their campsites for me - I only need five, even though the men tell me that the skies above their camp sites are full of them, they aren't quite the right sort!
And just because it's not a post without a photo or two, here are some I took in Cape Town in 2005 - yikes! that long ago!
Weaving workshop - still kicking myself that I didn't buy one.Girls outside a B and B in a settlement (shanty town) - yes, anyone could stay there. Probably equal number of stars as husband's campsites!
And an Education Centre in the same settlement - maybe I won't whinge about this year's school budget after all.
Thanks for sharing the pics Mary-Anne.. I dont 'do' camping either.. I dont 'get it'.. I mean, we work hard for a lovely house with flushing toilets, a/c, BEDS, flat screen TV's so then we go and pack up our crap to 'rough it'?? what the???
ReplyDeleteIf it doesn't have room service I am not interested!